Steek action

Apologies all round, but I leave for almost two weeks' vacation shortly, with no laptop or internet access, and posts will be not rare, but non-existent. So sorry, but my techno status is not there yet.

Here, to tide you over:
The Cuff to Cuff sweater body done.
Above is the back.
Below-- shoulders shaped (this is the front neck, striped steek in the middle):
Another view of the shoulder shaping, this time from the back:
Here is the front after the neck steek is secured and cut:
And this is the armhole steek, just after sewing it in on my ancient machine.
I did not crochet the steek, though I prefer it, as Meg mentioned that Joyce Williams' crocheted steek in this yarn (Berrocco Ultra Alpaca) did not hold. The yarn has some slickness due to the alpaca content. (At least, that's my theory)
Armhole cut open:
Stiches at the shoulder placed on a DP needle for the three needle bind off:
Shoulders done, ready for the sleeves.

Odds are that I will finish the sleeves *(wait, you've heard that before, haven't you? OK so maybe I won't) while I am gone. Anyone want to guess?

Comments

knittingjuju said…
Oh this sweater makes me so happy. I needed that today... And may I say the expression "steek did not hold" gives me such a pain.... ouch.
Linda said…
Odds....depends on the vacation. If it's outside - NO. If it's somewhere inside with AC - YES.

How's that for tap dancing around something? I should take up politics...

Enjoy your vacation!

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine