After Camp Withdrawal

After 4 1/2 days of non-stop (or almost non-stop) knitting, it is quite odd to have gotten so little knitting done in the past couple of days. However, let me share where I am on a few things.

First, this is the Icelandic/mohair mix yarn, being knit into a shawl. A week ago I indicated I was going to finish it before camp.
Um, right. It's not finished. Yet.
But one advantage this project has is that the lace involved is largely quite easy to do while doing something else. Like watching baseball games (which I am doing a lot lately) or flying on airplanes when my body wants to be asleep.
I am actually down to the bottom edging, and although I now have 300 plus stitches (and growing), it is officially in the Smell The Barn state.

(And no, that does not mean that I live in a barn, nor that I am secretly a horse.)

While at Camp I started something new. (And bought yarn for it.) Lest I am accused of ignoring my own rules on knitting from stash, no new projects etc etc, let me share the special Camp Rules.
Camp Rules say: start one new project and knit like crazy on it while at Camp, in a (usually vain) attempt to finish it before I return home.
Sometimes this produces a finished object (one year: a Bavarian twisted stitch hat) and sometimes not.
This is my new project:
And here is how far I got by the time I returned home.
The armholes are steeked, and I am about a fourth of the way up the armhole.
It is knit in a 50/50 alpaca wool yarn which Schoolhouse Press sells. It is going to be unbelievably warm and it feels wonderful.
Finally, I did finish planning the center portion of my Shetland Shawl design, and am only waiting to cast it no until I finish both of the above projects. (Another reason for Smell the Barn: can't wait to get going on my Shetland shawl)
I will share more about that another day--

Comments

Nancy said…
Withdrawl, indeed. So wonderful to meet everyone at camp and to see your beautiful work! Can hardly wait for next year's 2.75! (And, for my collarbone to be truly healed!)
Anonymous said…
Boy, you were really cooking on that sweater!! I'll have to have Jane look at your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine