Pelerine Complete


I have been traveling, which should have provided for extra knitting time.
It did, and then it didn't.
I went to Colorado for my (USAFA) son's Parents Weekend, and the weather was mostly 89 or so each day. Dry or not, it wasn't the weather to knit (outside) on pretty much anything.  I tried, really I did.  The cadet at the football game was like, "What is that??" about the knitting project-small lace shawl- I was bringing into the game.  But it was too dad-blamed hot, I just couldn't do it.  (Besides I wanted to see my handsome boy)

Luckily, I had a four hour flight *to* Colorado, and I got a ton done on my Pelerine: when I landed I only had a third of the bottom edge left to cast off.
So--  I finished my Pelerine on Thursday, 31 August!!  Yay!
Casting off on the airplane...

Laid out to dry (pseudo-blocking) on the hotel floor


Modeled by my daughter


OK, so I have no idea if that video will play.  Apparently I can still be yanked around quite a bit while interacting with Blogger. Not sure if I need a new location or... Maybe different techniques. Whatever.  
It's my daughter, twirling in my Pelerine.  (She says of it, "It's so you!")
She likes it but adamantly does not want one.  Good thing because I would make her knit her own 😉

I am so happy it is done, in part because the timing is perfect: we have had some lovely chilly weather here lately. Not chilly enough to see your breath (so, no, Debbie, not *really* chilly!) but perfect Pelerine weather -- especially at night, sitting on the deck.  Glass of scotch, Pelerine and thou. Or something like that 😎
Oh and I love it.  So soft, lightweight and warm.

And just because, here is the view from my hotel while in Colorado: 



That is Pike's Peak in the distance. Pretty gorgeous view to wake up to.  I sat on the balcony drinking my morning tea, journaling and knitting. (Waiting for my sleeping son to awake). It was wonderful.

One of the days while there, I toured the soaring (glider flying) section-- and was enchanted by one of the acrobatic gliders they use at USAFA. It is a beautiful thing, single pilot, small, sleek, and the instrumentation is pretty basic-- but the basics are all you would need.  
I so wanted to fly it, and then to just plain own one.  
Never had glider lust before-- I usually prefer the loud, fast, high-powered tactical jets-- but oh my goodness. The thing is beautiful. 
Instrumentation in the cockpit.
Just the basics. Love it.


Glider (or mostly so)

Farewell my boy.  See you soon I hope.




"And just where have you been?!  Do you know I have had zero walks since
you disappeared??"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine