Happy Independence Day!

July Fourth there is a parade in our town, to which all but I want to go-- usually. Today I intended to go, but there was this project I finished last night and it needed to be blocked and, well... here I am.

At least I'm wearing red, white and blue.

In honnor of the Fourth, I give you "America"

My country,' tis of thee,
sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing;
land where my fathers died,
land of the pilgrims' pride,
from every mountainside let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
land of the noble free, thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
thy woods and templed hills;
my heart with rapture thrills, like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song;
let mortal tongues awake;
let all that breathe partake;
let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong.

Our fathers' God, to thee,
author of liberty, to thee we sing;
long may our land be bright
with freedom's holy light;
protect us by thy might, great God, our King.


Thank you to the many voices for freedom-- from William Tyndale to James Madison, Ben Franklin to William Wilberforce, George Washington to Abraham Lincoln and the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. -- so many of whom fought and died for us to be free. Thank you.

Since this is a knitting blog, I feel honor bound to give you some knitting; this is what I worked on yesterday, during part of my 8 year old son's baseball practice:

That is Jaggerspun Zephyr in Vanilla, and is a swatch for this shawl. Addi Lace needle, 3 mm. I love these needles-- love 'em. Hoorah Addi.

I am also thinking of knitting this, but I have to wait for the pattern to arrive. Also, apparently everyone in the world has been buying Zephyr in Vanilla (??!) and Jaggerspun is flat out of it. For a while, then, all I have is a small ball for swatching.

You're perhaps wondering why I am purchasing yarn with my yarn fast in full effect? Good question. Very good question. I plead the Fifth Amendment. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine