imagi-knit

Overall not much knitting accomplished during yesterday's baseball games. It was too hot, and too stressful. (I prefer to relax and watch my sons wow everyone with their prowess; that was not happening yesterday ;)


Today I am imagiknitting a shawl, but since it is really in infantile stages and I don't have graph paper big enough to hold all my details, it remains vaguely in my head, or mostly so. I would like to to incorporate mostly traditional Shetland Shawl elements (using Hazel Carter's book Shetland Lace Knitting from Charts as a springboard). But not traditional shaping. We'll see if I can produce anything before school starts up again.


But look- I was trying to figure out how to photograph my large pink circular shawl, and hit on stuffing. Stuffing it with a big black thing (in this case a cotton skirt). I think it shows up better:



Well OK it doesn't look better, it just looks goofy.

But the lace patterning shows up better! (humor me on this one)

So my wonderful husband has taken everyone off for some baseball practicing, down the road at the field, and what am I doing at the computer when I could be planning my knitting... or knitting my knitting?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine