Progress is Slow!

Sorry for the slack reporting on this end.
When you have a knitting blog, and you have very little time for knitting, it's a bit hard to post.
Or, perhaps I should say, it's a bit embarrassing to have to say, well, another day, no discernible progress!
Actually, there is some progress, but it's pretty hard to see. This is my Icelandic shawl, which has its edging about one third done. I know, I know. Molasses in January around here.

Here is my Camp sweater:

Again, not much discernible progress. I am now a bit more than halfway up the two color yoke section, to the shoulder. I did pick up and knit a hem, even sewing it down-- so I managed to do some knitting over the weekend.

However, the Crrrrrazy Weeds had taken over part of our yard and it called for drastic action on Saturday--so that (sadly) came first. Especially since I am the Official Poison Ivy Remover (being the least allergic in my family) and lots of that pernicious weed had insinuated itself into various places.

[For Jane-- if you see this-- I hope you are still knitting away on your sweater (I know knitting time has been sharply curtailed by life-after-camp). Your sweater will be stunning , and I look forward to seeing it. You have also inspired me to go ahead and Do a Dale so it's been added to my list. (Which, needless to say, is lengthy...)]

What is really exciting to this knitter is the book that arrived while I was away last week: Isn't that cover doily lovely? This is a gorgeous book, well done and inspirational. I ordered it from Lacis some time back and it has been living on my bedside table since I returned from Camp. I am longing to knit quite a few of the lace items inside, and my self-imposed restrictions on starting new things are pretty annoying at the moment! However, anticipation won't ruin my ultimate pleasure in eventually knitting them so I am currently hanging in there.

Plus, there is a small difficulty. The Tencel I immediately thought of using for one of them, is currently being used on an, ahem, unfinished doily I downloaded from Nurhanne's site. If you love lace, you will love the translations she did of some old doilies. This is the one occupying my Tencel. And here it is:Obviously, I have some knitting to do on that baby!

I had totally forgotten it. But now it's (literally) out of the closet, and back in work. Since it's a cool rainy day here, perfect tea-and-knitting weather, I might get a bunch done. Well, after I make lunch for some (apparently) starving children!

Comments

Linda said…
Don't you hate it when your lace projects are to that "I know I've knitted eight zillion stitches and the blasted thing is smaller than when I started" stage? Ugh.

I don't envy you the poison ivy. Good luck with that.

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine