Serendipity

While one son was cheerfully practicing with his team, this morning, I thought I would swing by the lys in my small town. Oh, and get a cup of coffee across the street.

Just swing by, no real plan in mind.

Ha.

Actually I did truly need to purchase some more of the Kid Seta since I haven't enough to finish the shawl I am making. Not that I'm running out, exactly.

In fact, here I am (I cannot stretch out more of it or it will all come off the needles):

Not awe inspiring progress, I know, but I have been messing with graph paper and madly charting and trying things and that can be time consuming. Especially when you're outside in the wind, which has its own ideas about what my charts should look like.

Anyway, I did get my yarn, and had a great conversation with one of the owners-- which is where the serendipity comes in. Turns out there's a knitter in town who wants to use Kid Seta to make a special shawl and would like some help with pattern and just lace knitting in general. (I think I have that right. If you are that local knitter, jump on in here and say hi)

And here's yours truly designing a fairly simple but charming shawl (I hope) that might make a good shop model to show what Kid Seta can do... oh and maybe make a good first project for a lace knitter.

I know, Kid Seta is a bear to rip out when you make a mistake, and early lace knitting is a question of not "if" but "when" you will make an error.

But-- this is top secret-- all lace knitting is a question of when you will make an error and "when" you will notice it. As you do more lace, you just-- usually-- notice sooner. Usually.

Anyway, if you're that local knitter, please feel free to contact me in the comments and I'll see if there's some way I can help.

Oh- and this...? This came home with me, too.

I love it.

Comments

Linda said…
Gotta love it when that happens!

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine