Knitting

I promised knitting...!

A few days ago I mentioned some yarn my husband brought me, from Collective Yarns.

He was innocently delivering one of the owners' sons to her, after soccer practice, and he said something about lace weight yarn (he has been well trained, but he's also a real hero since he truly believes I need no more yarn. Can you imagine? He must not have noticed the stuff under the bed.... ;) Anyway, Megan of Collective Yarns handed it to him and said, "here, see how she likes this." (So she's a hero, too)
I like it.

The best part is, both of the owners of the shop are lovely local women. My husband works with the husband of one... and coaches both of their sons in soccer. It's a net, drawing him into More and More Yarn Purchases!

Anyway, I am delighted that they opened a lys in our town, and I do promise to go buy lots of yarn from them.
Even if it means the personal sacrifice of breaking my own Yarn Fast.
Rats.
;)

More knitting:
Here we have my shetland-ish shawl. It has no name yet, and doesn't look too exciting lying there, does it? This is 3/4 of the first repeat of the center of the shawl. There are 7 repeats.

It will look a whole lot better and bigger once it's blocked; see here:

Now that's more like it.
When I knit lace, I have to stretch it all out every now and then-- that feedback ("wow, this is really nice!") is important encouragement sometimes. I knit lace because I love it, but also because it is just beautiful stuff. And right now, with a backyard like a lunar landscape I really really need that beauty!
I was going to wait to show it until I had more progress but, after the construction I doused you with yesterday, I just had to show you something nice.
Knitting on, and not looking out the window....

Comments

fleegle said…
I love red, I love lace, I really love red lace! And your Shetland-oid shawl is a sweet, little teaser.

Everyone except Kenny turned hoof-down on Pegasus. Me too!

Hope your Yubina arrives sooner than later. Even without the potato chips, it's good stuff :)
Anonymous said…
Your lace is beautiful. Your yard is not. Right now, anyway. Enjoy the soccer/knitting time. Linda

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine