aurgh

I know that is a crazy name for a post but it's the most descriptive thing I can think of. How did I get thru nearly a week with only one post?

You just don't want to know. Truly!
Here is my kid seta shawl.

I have to say that, true to form, the more I invent and knit, the more complex it becomes. This is no longer an easy-knit-for-beginning-lace-knitter. I'm really really sorry. It just happens to me all the time, I get all excited and pretty soon, well, it gets interesting. To me.
So I have decided on a perfect first lace project. It is based on a shawl I knit for my daughter almost 5 years ago (really. She is almost 7 now, and regularly clamors for shawls just like Mommy's) (She calls them "Shawlies" but you probably didn't need to know that.)
I will show you a photo tomorrow (she is in bed) and I promise to knit it next, and out of the red Kid Seta. Just a general description-- a roughly Faroese shape, but top-down, and all garter stitch, with a gorgeous knitted-on lace edging which is where the fun really is.
It has a provisional cast on, but not a big bad hard one; an edging knitted on sideways, and it is eminently wearable. Promise.
Tomorrow.
(I hope)

Comments

Linda said…
Apologize for getting carried away with a gorgeous project and it comes out complex? Nah. Go and enjoy!

But I do want to see the shawlie...

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine