Boring Blogger

Very little knitting makes Boring Blogger.
And after that kerfluffle of completed objects, I have had very little knit time.
You really don't want to know why, do you?

I didn't think so.
But soccer season has begun, so there will be some periods of enforced inactivity when I will be able to knit. (When I can be spared from cheering)

A very interesting thing is that my DH works with the DH of a woman in my town who has opened a knitting shop. I have been struggling with the need to go in and buy from her (like it's a sacrifice?! :) and the need to adhere to my "No Buying Yarn/Knit from Stash" policy.

However, I think that exceptions sometimes are mandatory. To encourage me in this thinking, something interesting happened yesterday.

My Dear Husband sashayed into her shop and came home with this:
First of all, it is a glorious deep and rich wine red not this whacky orange color in my photo. But it's Madil's Kid Seta (a Kid Silk Haze lookalike) and it is lovely yarn. It happens to be my utterly favorite color.

Do I have a great husband or what?

I am going to swatch some beloved ideas in this:
... for a shaped, top-down small shoulder shawl.
Fun. I love swatching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine