Sore hands

My hands have been so sore, since finishing Mark's hat,  that I haven't wanted to even touch my other knitting projects.  This has gotten me thinking-- what if I were a Shetlander, say, 75 years ago, and my knitting was a crucial financial contribution to my household? It would be awful if I couldn't knit fast, and for an extended time, without serious pain.
I feel like some sort of knitting cripple: and am wondering if my knitting style is excessively cramp-inducing, or if I can't "go the distance" for some other reason.
Today I --finally-- feel less sore.
So, I think I will pick up some knitting, and pay close attention to how I hold things, how I work, whether I squeeze the needles too tightly, whatever. Make adjustments and see how it goes.
I would like to be able to do a lot of knitting without fatigue or cramping: maybe I can figure it out.
Never too old to learn something new!!
Gratuitous picture of a crabby Aussie (ours) who doesn't care if my hands are sore, or if I knit-- she just wants her dinner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine