New Years Day 2017

Warning. Knitting frantically for 3 days straight, with 16" circular needles, will, in all probability, cause some, well, let's just say, hand discomfort.

The good news: the hat for Son #2 is done.


Looks pretty darn good, doesn't it?


So, the bad news? 

This is where I was when he and Rich left to drive to the airport.  
Wrong picture.  Whoops.  How did I think there was a circular knitting needle still in that (genuinely finished!) hat?
Brain meltdown? 
Flips frantically thru the pictures... nope... haven't got a pic of the hat When-He-Left. (Frankly, I was a little weepy so its not that surprising.)
OK so  -- I was just starting the shaping decreases at the second end. Pretend you see a picture. 

So close.  

When I *finally* finished, and sent him the photos of the finished hat, he was in the boarding area for his flight. 
I'm going to overnight it to him, for a surprise. 

Here is what it looks like, as a big sausage-shaped closed tube, without either hat-end stuffed inside the other:

And that might be it for my knitting for a few days. My hands are waving a white flag.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine