third time's a charm?

Here is a really exciting package I received last month: It's from Mongolia, and not surprisingly contains Mongolian cashmere. Lace weight. The red is incredible, but I have no idea if that will come thru on this picture. Fingers crossed...
As you see there is also some salmon-ish (again lace weight) cashmere. The pale one, which is really more of a cross between beige and gold, is (I think though my memory may be faulty) part silk. The sheen on these yarns is astounding, and the hand gloriously soft. It is from Yubina and Fleegle introduced it to me.

I cannot praise this stuff too highly-- but--caveat-- though I have done some serious fondling of it, I have not yet knit with it. I know that is shocking. Believe me, massive self-control.

(My children get most of my fall knitting time in order to replace their outgrown sweaters. I am so delighted that they love my knitting that I am happy to do this. Currently on the needles is a greenish pullover for number 2 son, in Malabrigo. Believe me, this is pretty yummy and no, I'm not sure he will realize how special the yarn is-- but it doesn't matter. He will have a yummy sweater and I had the fun of knitting it.)

Cannot get anymore photos in, this is Really Whacky, so I'll sign off.
Knitting on

Comments

Nancy said…
Glad you are back! Beautiful cashmere and shawl!

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine