Back to normal?

Here is my second son, on the back deck modelling what he terms the best sweater in the house. That's nice to hear! It is not yet blocked. Here is a (sideways) closeup of the cable up the center front.
It is one that seems to have become my favorite (it has been somewhere on my last 5 cabled items, if that gives you a clue!)

It is called "Four Rib Braid" and is, I believe, in Barbara Walker's Second Treasury.

This shows the roll neck and front a bit better.

On the topic of cables, I did get my latest issue of Twists and Turns (Janet Szabo's quarterly newsletter on cable knitting). Janet is beginning the option of receiving the newsletter in PDF form, and enclosed was a mail-in form to request the hard copy versus the electronic. Except that the name and address on the form was for someone else :) I think something went awry on the envelope stuffing side of things.

Anyway, if you don't receive this newsletter, and you like cables and texture knitting, I highly recommend it. Janet is very talented and quite generous with her knowledge.

Finally, I have gotten very little real knitting done in the past 24 hours (well, ok, very little knitting, period). I did order some more Malabrigo yarn, however.

Way back when I mentioned a yarn diet/fast...
Well, this was a Special Exception since son #3 wants his sweater to be, big surprise, just like his big brother's. The yarn he had previously requested was from Shelridge farms (which I had purchased in the distant misty past). Nice yarn, but once he felt the Malabrigo he had no doubts what he wanted. :)

Since I rarely repeat anything in duplicate, I will probably do the next one top-down, a la Barbara Walker. (which I love to do, almost as much as I love to do set-in sleeves in the round)

So I get to wait for the Malabrigo and work on something else for a couple of days. Hm, surely there are a couple of unfinished projects around here.... ;)

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful sweater. Beautiful cable. I want more Malabrigo. Yum.
That's a beautiful "guy" sweater! I'm not familiar with Malabrigo yarn...dang...and no LYS here either.
Looks like you were in my old stomping grounds of Northern California - I lived in the foothills of the Sierras for many years before becoming a sea gypsy.

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine