Knitting in Denmark-- addendum

Yes, unprecedented. Shocking. Two posts in one day.

This is the yarn I purchased from Isager, in Arhus. OK, so it's really a bag. The yarn is _in_ the bag.
Here's the yarn, and the book opened to the page of the sweater I decided to knit.


I need to say, here, that the young woman who was trying to help me at Isager was remarkably patient with a goofball who couldn't decide what she wanted to knit, she wanted to knit 48 different things at once, and who insisted she didn't need an English translation for one of the patterns that is in one of Marianne's other books (only in Danish).

Because I am so clever, of course. Har de har har.

I was informed, however, that they are translating and publishing, in English, several of her other books. (I saw the Danish versions, and yes, I am going to buy them. Pronto)

Actually, the real problem is that I love many many of her designs, but I do not necessarily want to knit them all. And some of the yarn was hollering lace at me, and I know far too well how _little_ need there is for lace yarn in my life. (Some of her yarns, that did not follow me home, are still hollering "lace!" at me but so be it). I milled about in that shop for quite a while. Long enough for the weather to change its nature at least 7 times. (Which, let me point out, is not necessarily all that long, and yes it really did change that much)

In fact, 30 seconds before I had to go out and around the corner (for a cash reload, if you must know) it began the deluge thing again.

Anyway, I now have some lovely Isager yarn. I also discovered this after I got home.

Perhaps those yarns hollering lace at me will find a way to reach me, after all.

Comments

Jaya said…
Maggie, I am so happy that IK is going to print Strik a la Carte and Japan in English! Yay!

I have INKA in Danish already so I probably won't buy that in English. Of course, I own both versions of her African book (AFRIKA and Knitting out of Africa) so don't hold me to that.

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine