Pelerine

Oh, the joys of unlimited knitting that Camp affords... and the woes of massively limited knitting once one returns to the daily routine!

My Pelerine has advanced, but no, it is not finished.  I keep measuring it, like it will have miraculously grown overnight after only one or two rounds knitted the day prior.  I think this is how I occasionally wind up with a too-short sweater/sleeve/mitten/scarf/what-have-you.
At Camp, Janine had a wonderful gauge measurer that prevented the dreaded if-I-stretch-it-a-bit-the-gauge-will-be-what-I-want-it-to-be syndrome.  (I need this tool.)
My variation is, if I keep measuring and stretching it, it will be the length I want it to be.

Sadly, this never works, but my self-deception grows as my desire to finish a project climbs.  Perhaps because, with lace, stretching is what will happen to the object, eventually, when it is blocked and the lace opens up.  Hm, is this why I love lace so much??

Here is Miss Pelerine, relaxed and lounging by an 18 inch ruler.



And here she is, with a bit of stretch:


Self-deception is raging powerfully but I am ignoring it.  Back to knitting, not measuring 😬

Comments

Jaya said…
Maggie, thanks for stopping by my blog! It was so good to hear from you. I saw you in some of the Campers' photos and I am so happy you have returned to blogging. I love seeing your knits. Can't wait to see how the fair isle turns out. These days I am mostly spinning and weaving.

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete