Pelerine question

A shout out to all you experienced lace-in-the-round Pelerine knitters-- just exactly how many wheels of unspun Icelandic yarn did you use in your Pelerine, and how long did it wind up being?
Do you like the length?
Where does it hit when you wear it (or when whoever you knit it for wears it)?  And is that the straight edge or the pointed corner?
Did it grow appreciably when you blocked it?
I feel like I should already know the answers to some, at least, of these questions (eg- yes of course it grew, Maggie--! It is lace, after all) but I guess I am interested in some exactness. See, I have been thinking--

First---the lace Pelerine has 4 lines of increase-- some of the longer ones I see in photos seem to be maybe just a bit too full.  It could be the photo.... The garter version has only 3 lines of increase-- way less full- and I find that desirable.  The less fullness I mean.
So, this past alternate row I skipped the increases.
I think I will start skipping them every other increase round.  (A gamble!) So, I will decrease my rate of increase.
Or, my increases will decrease.
I will decrease my increases?
(Sorry. Just some language giddiness.  There was a bit of this at Camp and I just started to giggle, remembering.  All better now.)
But if I continue with the increases as the pattern describes, I think there may be more flaring than I want. And I clearly have to do at least another 3 inches of knitting.

Second, I like the straight line of the bottom (if Pelerine turned that way) below the waist of my jeans- when I measure that is about 21 inches.  If I stop knitting the lace with 19 inches of length, work an inch of garter, and block it I ought to end up with 21 inches long, right?

Of course, none of this helps the present "Aren't I done yet??!" issue with which I am struggling.  Merely my own impatience...

Which reminds me-- did I ever post that I finished my On the Spice Market shawl?
Because I did-- back in May or even April I think....
It is pretty large (loose knitter strikes again-- plus I did some of the flowery-motif-slip-stitch sections wicked extra loose).  Despite my feeling that my color choices were less than ideal, I like it quite a lot. The in-your-face-gold is growing on me-- it is a nice contrast.




I will try to get a photo of me wearing it (since I am presently wearing heather purple, turquoise blue and navy blue clothing, now is not a good moment for a photo op with a shawl in a khaki green and red color scheme) 😐


Comments

Jaya said…
Love the shawl! No feedback on the Pelerine. Sorry!

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine