Roskilde and on to Copenhagen

This is Roskilde Cathedral, which is built where Harold Bluetooth originally built a church. His church was wood and is long since gone, of course-- and the cathedral was built in its place. The cathedral is quite impressive. It has served as the burial location for the Danish royal family, for centuries.
Many separate crypts and sections have been added on through the years, for various family elements.
In fact, this is Harold Bluetooth's pillar tomb. Obviously he was moved here when the cathedral was built, since it is Gothic in style and Harold died in 985AD, or thereabouts.
In case I forgot to mention this, I found Roskilde to be utterly charming and delightful.
Okay-- on to Copenhagen, a short train ride to the northeast of Roskilde.
In keeping with the royal family theme, here is a photo of the palace in Copenhagen. Yes, that car that is approaching was gunning for me-- in fact there is a sign suggesting that photo takers not stand in the road as it is, indeed, a road.
However, I saw the sign too late-- and would probably have disregarded it anyway since I had a photo in my mental sights and was in my Intense Photographer Mode-- but that was before I discovered that cars roar around that corner to the left and towards where I was standing at a quite phenomenal speed.

When I tell you that my camera was on about a 30mm setting, which makes things appear farther than they are, you will know I was rather close to being flattened.
My husband did manage to get a photo of me in front of the palace, though, without either of us being squashed.

Tomorrow, back to my regularly scheduled knitting.

(ps you did notice, I hope, that this was 2 posts in one day? Pretty astonishing. When it rains it pours, I guess.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine