sorry excuse for a knitter

Yes, I have been not only a sorry excuse for a knitter, but a really sorry excuse for a blogger! I try to avoid discussing personal issues on this blog, though I must say I made an exception last fall for the Septic Installation Insanity from Hades.

However, I think I cannot begin to explain the last 3 months so I won't try.
I am not even sure, now, that I am totally "back," but am hoping so.

Perhaps you remember this project:
...which was gumming up the Knitting Works.
Well, not really, I was the one gumming things up, but whatever-- finishing this project became an act of teeth gritting.
Crazy, really, because the Malabrigo has such a glorious hand, and I was making it for a precious son-- who was longing for it. You would think it a delightful knit, right?

But between the dull color (which I gotta tell you looks fabulous on my son) and the annoying way the yarn behaved on the little bit of front cabling, I was perennially irked with it. The yarn is a single, only very lightly twisted, and it was hostile to staying together when manipulated for cables, especially when tightly knit.

Also, (true confessions) he wanted it just like his big brother's recently finished sweater and, yes, I admit that it is dull to knit the same thing twice in a row when there are 298 shawls and lacey ideas percolating in one's head.

But I did finally force my way through it, and here they are:

And the happy new sweater owner
So now I can (in my nonexistent knitting time, yes that was a whine) get back to other things.

Which I will save for tomorrow, hoping for a smidge of time to knit later so it looks like I really am still a knitter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to see you back! I've been wondering how you were doing....
Nancy said…
Been missing you!

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine