Back in the Saddle... I hope

Let's not talk about how long it's been since I posted (or finished a knitting project).
Let's just keep our fingers crossed that I can maintain a decent frequency on posting from here on out.  

I redesigned my blog, and yes, I know there are a bazillion things I can still fix.  And I will.  But first I need to talk about knitting, spinning and my fiber life.
A Trindle spindle, with some dyed-by-me Shetland fleece
In my absence I have become a spinner.  

Jensen Tina II, purchased in March 2010 
I am going to save the "Why did you embrace spinning, and when did all this happen??" question for some other time...
For now-- I love it.
So- here is some fleece I got in the mail, just today:

Into the Whirled, as part of their Luxe Fiber Club.

 It is 80% Superwash Merino, 10% cashmere and 10% nylon.

The colors are not rendering quite accurately-- it is various greens with, interestingly, a silver grey.  Makes me think of Lothlorien (Lord of the Rings) and the cloaks that the Elves gave Frodo and Sam.  The color name is "Mithrandir."
And here is my "I must spin this immediately" response:


Note the Golding Ebony spindle.  Since my children were hostile to stopping so I could pick one in person, while enroute from a northern Vermont vacation, I had to order one sight unseen.  Really tough.  Actually it was-- Tom Golding's woodwork is phenomenal.  Gorgeous.

Mine is a 2 inch whorl (for those that are interested... for those not, skip on to the next paragraph...) which weights .85 oz, in solid ebony.  It spins and spins and spins.  Really a lovely tool.  Delightful and, not surprisingly, I already know which one(s) I want next...

So those children of mine.  What were they thinking??  Golding's has Icelandic Sheep! Spinning tools! The most wonderful spindles I have ever seen! Sheep dogs!  What is not to like??  huh.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's December I must be making another Very Warm Hat

Pelerine Complete

Pelerine