I did some work on the Hanne Flakenberg Plisse jacket on Sunday:
This is the back, or part of it. The texture stitch and the intriguing method of construction keep this project interesting. All for now. But at least I got a bit of knitting done...
Lest I leave you thinking my property is still a parking lot for huge power equipment, let me show you the new high point in the state of NJ: Mount Septic. The ski lifts go in next week. That's one loose end. Here's another, but it's not tied off yet: I have made some progress, thanks only to soccer games and practices. Progress has been hindered by the design method I am using on this shawl: chart and knit. Contemplate an even better idea; chart madly; knit madly; stop and contemplate, chart, imagine... and knit madly again. Because I want it to hug my shoulders, I have worked in extra increases, which wreaked havoc on my charts (wait, I forgot to leave room for these extra sts) and I invented all sorts of odd ways to show them. Surprisingly, it has been an easy knit. I apologize for the photo, I enlisted a son to hold some parts as the (short) needle is overwhelmed by the sts which keep trying to escape. This is another loose end: a sweater I finished in the early part o...
Well, that was the shortest vacation ever, hands down. At least, for this family: 20 hours. (that's minus the car time) The good news is, we have a good buyer for our house, after 4 months on the market. The bad news is we had to race home in order to figure out what we would buy instead, due to a very tight time constraint. One wonders why it had to be at the start and not the end of vacation but so be it. So guess what! Not only did I not finish those sleeves, I ripped what I had done, and started over. Here's why: Without really thinking about it, I had automatically picked up sts for the sleeve (which gets knit down from the shoulder to the cuff) the way I always do: in a stitch. Problem is, here you want the continuity from the yoke to the sleeve to appear unbroken, and that half stitch of red showed. I know, it's hard to see in this photo, but believe me, it was bad. Maybe this shows it better>> See what I mean? That bad baby got ripped out and it has now been w...
Merry Christmas, all. Hoping yours was as wonderful as mine. We are now in our new home, it is wonderful and feels like home right from the git-go, and I simply cannot think of anything to be unhappy about. (not like I'm trying to be unhappy or anything.) Room for my stash, my books, my knitted objects, my lace-blocking... oh yeah, and room for my family too! ;) I would like to suggest that moving into a home on December 22 can be a trifle stressful. However, when the home is as yummy as ours, even the stress is nice. I have promised to teach a lace knitting class after we get settled in, and am thinking about first-time lace knitting concepts. Looking for opinions for the following: Good yarn for first project Good concept for first project Remind me to tone down my expectations and class plans, since lace knitting comfort rarely arrives overnight I am thinking of a rectangular shawl (possibly a scarf for the nervous-of-too-big-a-project, quite possibly a very wise position c...
Comments